Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spring has Sprung!


...and with it comes beautiful & sunny days (nice), flowers blooming (nice), yardwork (yuck), storm season (yuck x3) and daylight savings time (nice & yuck at the same time!).

We spent the weekend working outside in our flowerbeds. When I say 'we' I do mean me and the husbie. He is the best at helping me with stuff like that! I planted quite a few Magnolia bushes and I can't wait for them to start blooming. Our daffodils have come up and they are so pretty.

Daylight savings time has been such a struggle for me. It's so nice to get home and have 2-3 hours of sun that the girls and puppy can go out and play, but the morning is such a beating! The last two days I've done all I can to roll out of bed at 7. Hopefully my body will figure out what time it really is, in the meantime coffee and diet coke are my friends.

Something new I've discovered that has been keeping Ava (otherwise known as 'LB' for 'Lady Bug') outside has been this great new water activity table that I got her last week. I'm not sure why I didn't think of it sooner! She loves to play in the bath and the pool, so why not keep it contained in a table? It was a great distraction for her while we were working on our flowerbeds and even Winston is enjoying it. I picked it up at Walmart, but there is also a great selection available through Amazon.com, Toys'R'Us and Target. This one suited LB best because it has gears that turn when the water is poured in a cup (she loves this), plus there is no sand involved. I know what would happen if we had sand + water = a muddy mess!

Yesterday after we got home, LB and Winston played out side while I made dinner. Haley & Austin were gone, so they just entertained themselves! Winston's favorite toy these days is a wiffle ball. He loves to play fetch with it and usually throws it for himself a time or two on the way back.

I hope that everyone is having a great spring and is better adjusting to the time change than I am!

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity