Another weekend flew right by! And, as usual, I felt like I didn't get nearly enough done!
Friday night we settled in to watch the Rangers. As it turns out, Winston is a pretty big baseball fan. He is not a sit still kind of dog, but he did for baseball. It was very funny! Husbie's iPhone totally gave us the crazy eyes, but here we are:
We paused the game to make a quick trip to our new Dairy Queen, which turned out to not be so quick. I should have snapped a picture - the line was completely wrapped around the building. Husbie ran in while we stayed in the drive thru to see which would be fastest. He was back out in less than 10! The car we had been behind in the drive thru line hadn't even gotten up to order. Crazy! I got the French Silk Pie blizzard. So yummy! I love that they have the mini size now, it is the perfect amount.
Saturday morning, Ava had a soccer game. Here she is before:
It's so funny to watch them all run around in a little pack chasing the ball! The team we played was pretty viscious - they were knocking our girls down all over the place, which I never would have thought anything of, until husbie overheard the little girl that had just pushed Ava down, "Mommy, I pushed her down just like you said to!" WTH? This is U4 girls' soccer. The last time I checked, we weren't playing tackle football.
Our girls are the ones in the red jersey's - both teams had exactly the same color uniforms (pink, who would have thought? ;) ). I will say, the family did redeem themselves to a degree. The dad brought the girl over afterward, gave Ava a Scooby Snack peace offering and apologized. It was all nice until the dad went on and on about how it was an accident. If you are going to apologize, don't lie during the apology! UGH! Oh well, I know we will be dealing with parents like this for the rest of her athletic career, so no sense getting worked up over it.
After her game, we ran to the mall to pick up some black flat boots for me. I was completely unsuccessful - there will be a separate blog post coming up about this one, pending a conversation with Steve Madden's District Manager.
Saturday afternoon, my women's league hosted a holiday shopping event at a wine bar here in town. It was very fun and there were so many vendors there with really unique merchandise. I picked up a handful of things and have plans to order some more closer to Christmas.
Sunday we hung out around the house, did laundry & grocery shopping and decorated pumpkins. Here are our pumpkins - I think they turned out really pretty cute.
I hate carving pumpkins, so we decided to paint and glitter instead. We'll probably do a couple more after we go to the pumpkin patch next weekend. I hope the weather is just as nice as it was this weekend!
After dinner Ava and I practiced soccer for awhile - I am trying to create fun games for her so that practicing is fun and she can get really excited about it. It was so nice outside. I love this time of year (but wouldn't mind if it were a little cooler during the day).
Once we got the girls into bed we caught up on all of our weekend TV shows that we had on the DVR. For some reason, my Making the Squad did not record. Boo! It is on again today so I'm looking forward to watching it when I get home.





2 comments:
great idea for the pumpkins if you don't want to carve them!
Hi there! Stopping by from Mingle Monday...adorable blog! Now following. BTW, I think decorating pumpkins is a great idea...especially with little kids. We're actually having a pumpkin carving party this weekend...and I'm already dreading the clean up!
~Betty
http://northwestbetty.blogspot.com
Post a Comment