Monday, March 28, 2011

TRM - Totally Random Monday

Alright, y'all.  I am back from my non-intentional blogcation.  I have been super slammed at work and have missed my bloggy and tweety friends!  It's been awhile, so this being my first post back, is going to be completely random.  Here we go!

Soccer

Our little Pink Ponies are doing SUCH a great job!  They are getting better every week.  Practices are still a bit of a challenge - getting eight 4 year olds to focus AND listen at the same time is still proving to be difficult, but they'll get it eventually.  One of my sweet girls who has been so game shy has finally come out of her shell!  The first few games she was really sad and scared, but last week we had a breakthrough and she is loving soccer practice and games now.  Success!

In similar news,

Ava doesn't take crap from anyone.

The shot that was missed during the picture sequence above was #3 on the blue team grabbed Ava's jersey and pulled her away from the ball.  Ava was completely.hacked.off.  Like, told her all about it.  I do not condone trash talking the other team (especially when they are 4, hello!), but I do appreciate that Ava is not going to let someone sling her around, then stand there and cry about it.  I did talk to her about asking nicely for people to not grab her, so we'll see if it takes.

In other soccer news,

FC Dallas games are really fun!
No picture for this one, sorry!  We've been to two games this season and have yet to take a picture.  If you live in the Dallas area and have any kind of interest in soccer, I definitely recommend going.  There are usually good deals on tickets, parking is free, and I don't think there is a bad seat in the house.

In related FC Dallas news (hey, maybe this post isn't so random),

What the h-e-double-hockey-sticks do the FC Dallas cheerleaders do?
So far all I have seen them do is hand out programs, walk around with their pom-poms in little groups and do one or two sideline cheers down in corner of the stadium.  Random!  I was expecting a glorious some fashion of halftime dance, but I was sorely disappointed.  Maybe they are fair-weather dancers, which brings me to my next point:

What happened to summer?!?
We have been completely spoiled lately with temps in the 80's.  It was supposed to be 86 on Saturday, but we never got there.  Major sadface.  I still shouldn't complain because our cold is nothing like the cold some of you gals are experiencing.  My sis sent me a picture of her lawn covered in snow.  No bueno, Mother Nature.  No bueno.  But, hey...

In 31 days I will be at the beach!
via
Woo hoo!  Yes, I am on an official vacation countdown (as if you couldn't already tell).  You would think that I would have been on a major vacation diet/exercise routine at this point, but no.  I cant.stop.eating.carbs.  For reals.  The sad thing is, it's not even like I'm eating a ton of chocolate or desserts, because I gave those up for lent.  (Don't start hating if you don't like people posting about what they gave up for lent, because it is relevant to this random thought.)  Anywho, I'm getting back on the wagon this week I hope.  I'm headed back to the gym tomorrow for my daily weekly sporadic runs and incidentally enough, I just got an email from New Balance with...

These adorbs running shoes...
I'm going to need new running kicks soon, and I'm seriously thinking about these.  They are super cute and light, both of which are very important in a running shoe.  ;)  I'm thinking about going to Luke's Locker for a shoe fitting.  Has anyone ever done this at Luke's or any other running store?  Going back to my travel thought...

April 13 - May 25 In-Air Mileage will be 14,788
via
Holy schnikies, I'm going to be seeing a lot of the view above.  I can't complain, at least my destinations are a little nicer than my sweet husbie (whose territory leaves much to be desired travel-wise).  I have trips planned to Puerto Rico (most important!), San Francisco, Long Beach, Boca Raton and Washington D.C., where I may or may not have already made a date with Ana.  ;)

Part of the reason for all of this travel is that...

I got a promotion at work!
via
I'm not going to lie, my title makes me feel like a pit of a poser.  It's a big title and a big job, but I am definitely excited for the challenge.  Our company is in a big-time period of growth as the economy continues to rebound, so this move couldn't come at a better time.


I think that catches us up from the last couple of weeks.  Whew!  I'm looking forward to catching up on everyone's blogs tonight.

Have a great Monday, lovelies!

10 comments:

ty said...

Congrats on the promotion!! And I've just now gotten into soccer ... new boo played in college, and he's just insane about it. Now that I've watched it, I love it!

Jenny said...

Love those shoes!!! And congrats on the promotion!

Bethany said...

oh my gosh - how cute are those girls?!?

Erin said...

Congrats on your promotion, fancy pants. Please tell me your title is something ridiculous like "Coordinator of Interpretive Education" (tour guide). I love goofy titles!

Michelle said...

Congratulations on your promotion! :D

Good luck with all the traveling! Planes make me feel nuts.

Shannon said...

Yay for your promotion and for your future vacay!

I want those shoes!

Amber said...

Congrats on your promotion!

I'm totally jealous of all of your future traveling plans!

Jumping Jack said...

Congrats on the promotion! Wishing you safe travels in the upcoming weeks!

Tim Mcgraw said...

thanks for the new share with us. i just want to let you now that.

Girlfriend

Tim Mcgraw said...

Very appropriately written and put forward. this is a great blog post. Gives Fodder for brain as well as compells you to ponder. Happy That I discovered this site.

Obsessed

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity