I've taken a bit of an unplanned break from the blog, but I'm back! I have been so crazy busy that I've just been trying to keep my head above water on everything. I'm already feeling like our lives have changed in the past couple of weeks in that we aren't going to have idle nights at home during the week now, like we used to. Lots has happened since I have been away, so this is going to be complete randomocity!
As I mentioned before, we had a really great trip to Missouri. Very relaxing and lots of quality time with the family. Here are a few pictures:
The girls with my dad (and Winnie) at his office. We take a picture like this every year, except this year, we have Winston. This picture cracks me up. Here's one that's a little more poised:
We did get to play a round of golf at my dad's club, Dalhousie. It is such a hard course! Plus, it was 98* with 80* humidity. We did not take pictures - the boys refused. When we finished our round we were completely soaking with sweat. Gross. We had fun, though! Also, every year we have dinner at the club with my sister. This year a girl had rented out the dining area for her Super Sweet 16 which I can only imagine was outrageously expensive. They were sweet enough to set up the upstairs lounge for us to have a private dinner.
After we got back from Missouri things got so busy. Haley and I spent the day shopping for school clothes AND she got her ears pierced. I was so proud of her! She is usually very wussy about this kind of thing and she really stepped up and was so brave. She is doing a great job taking care of her ears and they are adorable.
The same day, we kept husbie's little cousin for the night. We all went to Main Event, one of our favorite activities, for games and bowling. There was an hour wait for a lane - crazy! - so we played games before and finally ended up getting home around 10:15. My little party animals usually go to bed at 8:15-8:30, so they were way past tired when they finally got to bed.
Over the weekend I went to spend some time with bestie and helping her get the last minute things before her baby comes, which we suspect will be soon. She's not due until September 10th, but has already lost her mucus plug (sorry to any guys that are reading). Does anyone have any experience with this? I never recall losing mine (I was induced with both of the girls). If so, how long was it between losing the plug and going into labor? I'm sure it varies widely.
School started on Monday and with it much longer and busier days. Since Haley is going to a new school which is less than 2 miles from our house, she doesn't get to ride the bus any longer. For the last couple of years I have not missed sitting in the drop off and pickup lines at school! During the school year, Haley, Ava and I have to leave the house every morning at 7:30. So early, but it is nice to be at work by 8 and get started on my day. Here are the girls on the first day of school:
Dance started on Tuesday. Ava is taking ballet and tap at 10 AM and Haley is in tap at 6 PM. They are at a studio that just moved in directly below my office. My mom brings Ava on Tuesdays, so I spend my 'lunch hour' watching her dance and then I come right back upstairs. Talk about convenience! Ava was so good during class that we let her throw 'monies' in the fountain when class was over.
After Haley's class I dropped her at home and headed to my Women's League board meeting. We ran so late and I didn't get home until 10:30, which made for a really long day.
Today, Haley has ballet and jazz and starting next week, Ava will have soccer practice on Thursdays and games on Saturdays.
It is so fun that they are doing several activities and it has really hit me that they are growing up so fast! I'm trying to enjoy every moment and not get caught up in the madness of it all.

2 comments:
Love the tap pictures, so cute! Looks like you have been having a lot of fun!! Those first few pictures are all so cute!!
Cute, cute pictures! Glad you had such a good trip home! Hang in there...hopefully things will slow down soon!
Post a Comment