Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Last Week's Whirlwind

Last week was absolute craziness!  I knew it would be busy, but I completely underestimated how much so.  Enough that I will be playing mad catchup this afternoon and tomorrow so that the house, laundry, etc. will be ready for Christmas (and I can maybe? go a few days and not have to do anything). 

The week before Christmas is always parent observation week at dance.  I love this because it means I get to spy on my little darlings to see how much they are goofing off learning during class.  Their classes aren't exactly cheap, so I don't like any surprises come recital time.  I have to say, I am so remarkably pleased by my littlest munchkin.  Did I know she loved dance?  Absolutely.  Did I have any idea how natural she is and how much terminology she actually knows?  Absolutely not.  This is all especially surprising because husbie yanked her out of dance last year because she was spending the entire class wandering around and crawling on the floor like a puppy.  Yay Ava!  This year husbie is completely pleased with everything she has learned and how she is doing.  We have switched dance studios since last year, and it has made all of the difference in the world, for both girls.  Of course, I took a zillion pictures of Ava and a few of Haley.  She's finally getting to the point where it's not cool for mommy to stalk her like mommyrazzi.  Boo.  



Wednesday Ava had her first modeling shoot.  I was completely nervous for her going in, as a lot of times she pulls out the scared and/or super cheesy smile, but she did great.  The photographers and everyone were wonderful and she had a great time and I'm hoping they got some cute pictures of her.  The agency said that they loved her, which is great news!  Extra cashola going into her college fund is fantastic and as long as she is having fun doing it, we'd like it to continue.  I'll post the pictures on here as they send them to us (they are for a Valentine campaign), but here are a few snapshots I took with my iPhone:


The rest of the week zipped by.  Friday we had our annual company Christmas outing.  We went to lunch at Blue Goose and went to see The Tourist.  Awesome movie!  I love Angelia Jolie and think she is so beautiful (although it definitely wouldn't hurt if she would put on 10 lbs - good problem to have).  The fashion in it is amazing - I love the glamorous gowns and dresses she wore.  I definitely recommend it, if you're looking for a movie to see over Christmas.

Saturday we headed to Houston and got back around 3 PM on Friday.  We picked up Winston from WufSpa (best groomer/boarder in Dallas, IMO) and headed home to watch the Steelers lose to the Jets.  We're having my side's family Christmas gathering on Thursday night so we'll have a Steeler watching party / Christmas combo.

On another note - thanks to everyone that sent in their experiences and suggestions on my last post.  I really appreciate it!  It's comforting to know that others have been in similar positions and how it was handled.  Y'all are such a great sounding board!  :)  A PSA - if you don't have your email address set to show to me when you post a comment, and you don't have anything against showing it to the blogging world, think about changing this setting.  That way, I can email you back.  :)

I hope everyone is having a great pre-Christmas week!

1 comment:

Kaysie said...

Oh I love that your girls are in ballet! I was a ballet dancer for 12 years growing up. It was such a great experience, kept me out of trouble and I met some of my best friends through it. :)

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity