Bear with me on this one, ladies, it is going to be completely random!
I want to start off by saying Yay! Welcome new followers! So glad that you stop by my little corner of the blogging universe. :)
Prayers for Sweet Babies
There are so many sweet babies (and mommies & daddies) that need every prayer they can get right now. Check out my sidebar for links to find out more about them, in case you haven't already. (The Horror of) Eating Out
So sorry for depressing everyone with my last post! Nothing depresses me more than realizing that I have been stuffing my tummy with all of this crap. :( Boo. JPO had a great point about portion control - things aren't nearly so bad if you only eat 1/2! My mom used to preach this to me constantly when I was growing up. I have a girlfriend that eats 1/2 of her portion at restaurants and then dumps salt on it so that she won't eat it. It's a little strange, but it saves the picking that I always do while waiting on someone to come steal my plate away. I should also point out that there are some sensible (yet still yummy) things to eat if you have to do the drive-thru: McDonald's 6 piece Chicken Nuggets have 17 grams of fat and 250 calories while Taco Bueno Chicken Taco Rollups only have 8 grams of fat and 210 calories.
Local DFW Area Christmas Needs
While I know not all of my readers are in the DFW area, if you are one that does and feel so inclined, check out this story about Hope's Door. They are a Plano women's shelter that caters to women and their children who are in need and have possibly (and probably) been a victim of domestic violence. The charity who had committed to providing Christmas gifts for the women and children at the shelter refuse to do so without receiving the names of those living at Hope's Door. It is against Hope's Door's policy to divulge this information, as it is a safety matter for everyone living there, not just the domestic violence victims. You can read the news story here. If you, or someone (or company) you know that is interesting in becoming a donor, contact information is available at the bottom of the story.
Why do my children want the most obscure Christmas gifts?
Every year they just have to want the hardest-to-find items to come from the big man. Seriously. Last year it was the Zhu-Zhu pets, which my husband single-handedly tracked down via a combination of Craigslist and eBay. This year it is the Zhu-Zhu princess collection (which I think were an eBay-only release as I have not seen them in any stores and the people at Target had no idea what I was talking about) and this beauty:
The Barbie 3-Story Dream Townhouse. This thing is awesome. I think I might want it for me more than the girls. Just kidding. I think. Anyway, it is very cool and has all sorts of working lights, sounds, and overall jazziness that my 80's dream house didn't. I did see a big stack of them at Toys'R'Us a few weeks ago, however, they were about $50 more at TRU than at Wal-Mart. So, I foolishly decided to wait patiently for them to come back in stock at Wallyworld.com. They are still out of stock with no signs of coming in anytime soon. In the meantime, TRU is sold out, as is everyone else except Amazon. Amazon, where they are priced $100ish more than they were at TRU. Freaking ridiculous! Husbie and I decided that the Barbie house would make a great Valentine gift. About 10 minutes after this discussion, my assistant comes in to tell me that she has found it on Amazon for cheaper than the original TRU price. Holy crap, she has redeemed herself! *I should note here that I did not assign her with the task of finding it, she did it on her own. Mainly b/c I think she would rather shop than work, but that is a whole different topic* So, it is on its way here. Hooray! That was a huge item off the list.
The Best Laid Plans
My feelings toward TheLimited.com right now are not thoughts of sugarplums, they are thoughts of coal. I ordered the adorable skirt from my Office Party WWW post on November 29. It is still not here. Husbie's office party is tomorrow night. The skirt is supposed to be to me on Saturday. NOT helpful. The Limited never communicated that it would take over a week to get it out of their warehouse. To make matters worse, it is coming via FedEx SmartPost, which I have learned is the shittiest (language, sorry) way to send a package. It has gone from Ohio to Massachusetts to Dallas. It is now sitting in a sort facility in Dallas and I cannot pick it up!! SP packages are delivered by the post office, not FedEx. I am hoping our post office can catch it and hold it tomorrow so I can pick it up. Tonight I will be searching for an alternate skirt in case it doesn't. Husbie's office environment is of the bureaucratic federal variety, so it is always difficult for me to find a cute outfit that is appropriate and doesn't make me look 20 years older than I am. This was THE outfit! Fingers crossed that all works out!
Tweet, Tweet!
Do you tweet? I do! My twitter username is @applesfalling. My tweets are private, primarily because I don't like all of the spammers following me and there are certain individuals that I know IRL that I may or may not tweet frustrations about sometime. So, please follow me! I try to reply to some of y'all sometimes and you don't see it because I am private.
I'm a total space cadet.
Sooo, I posted about a really fun blog hop that I was doing here, and I never posted the responses I got. Bad blog hop cruise director! I'll be posting them later today, I promise.
I hope everyone is having a great week! It's almost the weekend! :)


6 comments:
That's clever to pour salt all over the extra food! Good idea. I might have to try that :) Fun post!
Hahaha! I love your little sidenote about your assistant! But hey, that's what she is there for!
Ugh to your children wanting the most popular, hard to find toys for the season!!
I just love your blog and am so happy I found it ... via Laura @ Cowboy Boots! :)
Weight Watchers apparently does the portion control method too. They say to immediately get a to go box when you are at a restaurant and put half of your food in there to take home... that way you don't over eat or pick...
Love the Barbie Dream House!! I'm glad you were able to find it! I feel your shipping pain... I've been tracking 2 packages all over the united states for a week now. I hope you get your outfit in time! My fingers are crossed!
Thanks for adding Preston's button. Glad I found your blog... it's cute. I'll be following.
i usually bag up half my food when we eat out...so i'll have lunch or dinner for myself the next day...granted i'm getting the calories in there some where i guess...but i hate wasting $$
as for the barbie 3 story townhouse...OHHH HELLO...I WANT ONE!
haha i'll get it next year when the craze for them goes away...and lily will know how to play barbie's by then!
Post a Comment