I have been SO completely MIA from my blog! I knew May would be crazy, I just underestimated how completely crazy it would be. I zig-zagged across the country all month long and I couldn't have been happier to be home the entire Memorial Day weekend!
In the midst of everything, I also caddied for my dad in the Byron Nelson Pro-Am and attended the tournament the rest of the week. Here we are a couple of years ago (I forgot my camera this year. Oops!):
Here I am with Vijay Singh, who my dad's team was paired with:
A couple of weeks ago we had the bachelorette party for one of my girlfriends. I did wear the cute little romper/jumpsuit I picked up at Express before my Vegas trip. It worked perfectly! The only thing that is not-so-great is when you have to go to the restroom. Having to almost completely take your outfit off in a bar bathroom is not so fun.
Before we went out, all the girls went to a lap dancing class at The Girls' Room in Dallas. I'm not sure what I thought of the class - I was pretty excited going in. I expected it to be learning sexy dance moves for my husband. What I didn't realize is that we would be practicing on each other. Yep, that's right, grinding on your friends. I would have been much more comfortable with a dummy, as Austin suggested. Here's the bride getting demonstrated on by the teacher:

There were polls in the private room we were in, which all the girls wanted to give a quick little swing on - no reason not to channel your inner stripper, I suppose. I can tell you right now that I would make a crappy stripper! No upper arm strength. A few of the girls might do well, if they ever lose their day jobs! Here's the teacher demo-ing the move we were supposed to try. I got no where near close to this position.
All-in-all, we had a really great time. It was fun to have a girls' night, which I hope to do more often! It gets so easy to get caught up in suburbia with the husband, kids, dog, house, yard, etc, etc, etc, that I forget to have me time with the girls.
There's lots to catch up on, which I will be trying to do this week! My June schedule is nice-and-easy. I think our only big events are Haley's last day of school, her recital, and a quick weekend trip to Hot Springs for Father's Day weekend.






No comments:
Post a Comment