Monday, July 26, 2010

Weekend Wrap Up + Misc

First off, a big thank you for all of those who sent well wishes after my rant last week.  My day did get better.  Especially when I read, saw and heard different stories from others that made me feel like such a beyotch for complaining.  I know everything is relative, but hearing the hardship others have faced and are facing, a crying / whining preschooler is not so bad.  

Now to skip into the weekend activities - it was packed full.  Friday I ended up taking a 1/2 day off because I had so much to do before my Women's League Board retreat and bestie's shower.  I did have time to run by The Limited and Ann Taylor Loft AND successfully avoided the Dairy Queen that is in the mall.  I have had a craving for a Pecan Pie Blizzard and was very proud of myself for not grabbing one as I was walking by.  

Friday night, the Board met at Painting with a Twist for a team building / fun outing.  I wasn't the biggest fan of the picture that was picked for us, nor was I a huge fan of how mine turned out.  I am a bit of a perfectionist about things like this and I don't like to feel rushed.  It was all in fun, though.  I think I may go back again, but I would definitely pick a different picture next time.  Here I am with mine:

Afterward, we headed over to the Frisco Bar.  I had never been and didn't exactly know what to expect for a bar in suburbia.  :)  It was fun - there was a live band and there were a ton of people there.  Here I am with a couple of the other girls:
Saturday we had to be at our meetings bright and early.  It was a long, but productive day - we got a lot planned for the coming year and are doing a lot of fun, new things.  Afterward, I had to visit my BFF, the Versa Tan, and find white flowers for the shower.  I had no idea how hard it would be to find white flowers!  Four stores later I had enough for the three arrangements I was making.
Sunday was the shower, which took up pretty much the whole day.  Ava went with me because she had been reassured that there would be tons of babies there, plus she is slightly obsessed with bestie's belly and when the baby is going to come out.  I'm going to do a separate post on the shower because I have tons of pictures and I am waiting for a few more from one of the other hosts.  Here's one of Ava.  She was being such a little creaper when I was taking pictures.  It was very funny!


We picked up Bueno on the way home and ate and relaxed.  It was nice to be able to sit for a few minutes!  Can I talk about last night's True Blood for a second?  OMG - gory, gory, gory!  I think I had my eyes closed for 60% of the show.  Yuck!  It was really good but I could really do with about 1/2 the amount of blood that I caught a glimpse of.

This morning I woke up and could have sworn it was Sunday.  Realizing it was Monday was very disappointing!

I hope everyone had a great weekend! 

1 comment:

Creative Flair said...

Hi! Visiting from Mingle Monday. Glad I stopped by and I do like your painting by the way.

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity