Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Weekend Wrap Up

Finally we got to see some sun yesterday!  It seems like it has rained for weeks in Dallas, and it basically has.  Friday I really wanted to take the girls to the pool but it was...raining!  So, we went to open bounce at Pump It Up instead.  Wow.  There were probably 50 kids and 30 moms crammed into the bouncy house room.  It was tight and there were definitely 'traffic' problems, but the girls had a great time and wound up exhausted.  Afterward, we headed over to one of my favs, Hobby Lobby, to get stuff to make crafty wall art for the girls' playroom.  I had already picked up all of my crafty wall art supplies when we cut down an aisle and saw the cutest hot pink and lime green wall art - all 50% off!  So, I ditched my crafty wall art project and grabbed pink and lime pieces instead.  Here are a few of the ones we got:


Haley and I got everything hung up while Ava was napping and I proceeded to clean the entire house (to promote forgiveness of my Hobby Lobby spending from husbie).  We had to meet him at Hertz after he dropped off his rental car late Friday afternoon.  He came home to sparkling clean house and his favorite dinner ready-to-go.  (I'll have to post the recipe for my quick and easy chicken enchillada soup later, it is yummy!)  He did forgive the Hobby Lobby spending and thought the playroom turned out really cute.  Right before dinner we gave him his early birthday surprise.  He LOVED it and was totally surprised.  We relaxed the rest of the evening, which was really nice.
Saturday bestie came over while Austin went to play golf and we went to go check out baby things.  We had a funny moment that I completely forgot she was preggo until she turned around and whoa!  There was the belly!  ;)  We had fun hanging out and gabbing.  She brought me my birthday present, a super cute Vera Bradley towel and cosmetics bag.  I love VB!

Later that night, my brother and SIL, a nephew and my sis came over for dinner and games.  I found a really great roasted chicken recipe to make since our grill decided to go out on Saturday.  Grr.  I'll have to post that one, too!  

Sunday we saw the sun!  It was amazing.  We went to the pool for a few hours.  I love our neighborhood pool - they have a really nice set up that allows husbie and I to lay out right next to the kid pool so we are super close to Ava but can still have some relaxation time.  Haley is a super swimmer and had 5-6 of her friends there to play with in the big pool.  I wore this Victoria's Secret swimsuit.  I did have to exchange the bottoms.  I was right between sizes, so I decided on these.  I like bottoms with ties so there less chance of the 'muffin' effect.  Lol!


As you can tell, Ava really loves her new fishie floatie!

We pretty much hung out and didn't do a lot for the rest of the day, Haley and I watched a couple of my old dance competition tapes that my mom had found.  It was fun to see all of our very 90's costumes!  

I hope everyone had a great weekend!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi - I love your blog!
Followed you from "In this Wonderful Life"
Your blog title is crafty... I love it!
I'm your newest follower! Can't wait til see more!
Don't be Shy... Come visit me [Stilettos & a fishing pole] I'd love to see you!

THE Stephanie said...

Love your HL finds! I need to make a cute bulletin board for my daughter's room, but I have not a creative bone in my body, unfortunately.

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity