Monday, July 19, 2010

Weekend Wrap Up

This weekend actually ended up being a pretty uneventful one, which is nice because the next two weekends are going to be so busy!  

Friday night we had dinner with husbie's parents at On the Border.  Afterward we came home and hit the sack pretty quickly.  Last week was completely draining so by the time we put the kiddos to bed, I was more than ready to be in bed myself!

Saturday morning I did some laundry and then we went to the pool.  We stayed for a couple of hours and it was so flipping H-O-T!  We stayed in the water most of the time, it was simply too hot not to be.  We were planning on going to our friends' for our monthly Steak Night until we woke Ava up from her nap and she was running fever and looked like she felt like poo.  We made the decision for me to stay home with her.  Ava and I had a nice, quiet evening.  We hung out on the couch and watched movies and after I put her to bed, pups and I laid in bed.  I'm still trying to finish Linchpin: Are You Indispensable? by Seth Godin.  It is a great book, I can't wait to do a review on it, but I am still a ways from finishing it.  I also discovered Sirus radio's 90's on 9.  How have I not known about it before now?  It is fab!  Husbie got home and had brought me my fillet, Kristin's a-mazing potato casserole and a brownie.  He brought his computer down and worked in bed while I read.  It was fun talking about all of the 90's music we grew up with.  This made us feel very old!

Yesterday I got all of our laundry done and a lot of stuff done for bestie's shower next weekend.  I cleaned the house for awhile and then needed an escape from all of that domestic bliss, so I went to Nordstrom to pick up my Lancome gift presale (woo hoo!).  It was insane in there, which is exactly why I do my anniversary sale shopping online!  I made dinner and got little bit to bed so we could watch True Blood.  I have to admit that I end up looking away for 50% of the show.  It is a bit lot gory, but I really like the storyline!  It took me awhile to get into it, but husbie got me hooked on it during the first season.

Ava did not sleep well at all last night.  One of us was up with her almost every hour last night so I am completely dragging today.  Apparently she is feeling much better today and has hardly coughed.  I talked to her a few minutes ago and she sounds very spunky, so here's hoping she continues to feel better AND we all get a better night's sleep tonight!

Hope everyone is having a great Monday!  

Oh, lastly, welcome to my new followers!  I hope you enjoy reading my blog and I look forward to reading yours, too.  I am going to do a special giveaway when I reach 25, so stay tuned.  :)

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity