I finally finished my most recent read, Best Friends Forever by Jennifer Weiner. I have never read any of her books, so I felt very proud of myself for venturing out of my normal author circle, comprised of Sophie Kinsella, Madeline Wickham (actually Sophie Kinsella)and Lauren Weisberger. At the beginning, I really thought I would like the book. The premise is that our protagonist, Adie, has lost touch of her best friend from childhood. In the first several pages, best friend, Val, is introduced as she bursts back into Adie's life after having committing a 'crime' at their high school reunion, which Adie did not attend. This is were Jennifer Weiner starts losing me.
Reviews on amazon.com and Facebook Visual Bookshelf are mixed. Best Friends Forever got 3/5 stars on Amazon and 2/5 on Facebook. Based on this, I'm not sure if I'll try another one of her books or not.
I am disappointed, I was hoping I had found a new light girlie read writer, but the search must continue. Anyone else have any other authors they enjoy for this type of reading? I have Emily Griffin on my list and think I may try The Heart of the Matter next. I asked Winston, but it didn't seem like he was concearned, other than me wrapping up so I could play catch with him. :)





4 comments:
I do an online book club and we just started reading a book called "Thanks for the Memories" by Cecelia Ahern. You should check it out. http://jklrowan.blogspot.com/search/label/BBC
Hi! I saw you comment on a friends blog & you said your always looking for other Dallas/Ft. Worth mommies. My twin sister lives in Hurst, TX (Ft. Worth) area. We both just had baby boys (& yes, both our first!) We are 29 years old & both love blogging to keep in touch with each other & our friends & family. I just thought I would let you know about her blog b/c she lives in that area :)
Becky's blog (my twin): www.terenceandbecky.com
My blog: www.thebrownfamilyblog.com
ALSO, I've read all of the Shopaholic series, but I'm tellin' ya... if you have not read the Twilight series your missing out! Me & my sister are Twilight fanatics. I haven't been so crazy about a book since I was really young. It's such a great story & SOOOOOOOOO good! You must read those books! I was hooked & couldn't stop reading them. I read all 4 books in about 8 days. There is a reason they're so popular. I'm just sayin'... ;)
I hate it when a book is disappointing and you just keep waiting for it to get better...
I popped over from Mingle Monday. :)
Bonnie - that is too funny that you both just had boys. How fun that they will get to grow up together! I love that you have Sock Monkeys all over your blog. My sister and I are bordering on obsessed with them and we do a pseudo flat Stanley thing where we travel with Sock Monkeys and take their picture in various places. I'll have to check out her blog as well. I have yet to get into the Twilight Books - everyone I know that reads them, loves them. I guess I'm just scared of starting an addiction... :)
Mei - Thanks for checking out my blog! I hate it, too. I should learn to just cut my losses and move on to the next, but the optimist in me makes me believe it will get better eventually.
Post a Comment