Monday, August 2, 2010

Bestie's Baby Shower!

I am finally getting around to posting bestie's shower pics.  The shower was really cute and Erin got so many of the big basics - car seat, video monitor, etc.  It was a big success!  It was also the most non-stressful party planning experiences.  I did all of the decor while the other hostesses did the food and invitations.  We were going for the divide and conquer method, which worked perfectly.  We also kept track of everything on a spreadsheet (call us dorky, but nothing fell through the cracks) and all paid equal share at the end.  I've heard horror stories where one hostess ends up pitching in $10 and others are doing $100 or more.  We established from the beginning that everyone would pay the same, no matter who was buying what.  I think it worked really well, and kept one person from feeling like they were buying everything.   

 Invitations from tinyprints.com

The hostesses - me, Randi (Erin's sister), and Cerissa.  We were also Erin's bridesmaids 7 years ago!

The food - we had a mid-afternoon shower, so we did heavy hors d'oeuvres, punch and champagne.  The cupcake & cookie stand was a 3-tier cake stand with edges wrapped in ribbon.  I used masking tape to hot glue the ribbon to so that the hot glue would pop off easily. 

  The flowers - daisies and spider mum's.  Clearly my glue gun became my best friend when creating the shower decor!  The vases were wrapped with ribbon.  Wooden craft stars were painted (and glittered) to match.  For the stars in the flowers, I attached them to floral wire.

The onesie & bib decorating station & diaper cake.

Decorating onesies & bibs

Some of the finished products!  We gave everyone a guideline of trying to create a onesie or bib that tied in with their relationship with Erin and/or Trip.  Mine was the frog prince since Erin was my roomate at TCU.  
The candy station - Erin has been craving all things sour, so we picked different candies and had bags and ribbons for guests to make candy bags as favors.

Erin opening a gianormous box of diapers - always handy!  :)  For the gifts, we asked that people bring them unwrapped and we made placecards for each guest.  We displayed them around the house as decorations and it was fun to not have to sit there and do the obligatory 'Aww, that's SO cute' for each gift, plus it was environmentally-friendly to save all the wasted bags and paper.  I still have shower gift bags from Ava's!  The verse we used was cute, "Save the wrapping this time around, bring your gift as it was found."  Some of the guests wrapped anyway, which we had planned for.

Guests - there were SO many babies and little people.  Ava was happy as a little clam - she is slightly obsessed with babies.

Hostesses with Erin (and Trip)


Ava & 'Ebie'


The gorgeous family tree painting that Erin did.  She totally needs to open an Etsy store.  So pretty!  She already had several requests from girls at the shower.

Jay & Erin


I hope everyone had a great weekend!  I'll be posting a weekend wrap-up later today.  I'm also going to be on a commenting rampage, as I haven't read anyone's blogs since the middle of last week.  Be prepared!  ;)

7 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh my gosh! Yes, Erin needs to open an Etsy store. I love that painting. I would definitely buy that!

Jen said...

Just visiting from Mingle Monday. I love the idea of decorating onesies, and that family tree paiting is beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Christy Ashley said...

Hi! I'm stopping by from Mingle Monday! I LOVE that idea for a baby shower! Cute blog =)

Stef said...

What a great idea!!! I love the onesies and bibs!!

Stef said...

Sorry... hit send to fast... found you from Meg's Mingle Monday. ;)

Anonymous said...

I love the Onsie's and bib idea. Never seen that done before but super cute!

Cameron said...

What a cute shower. Great job with the decor!

Tell Erin she definitely needs to start an Etsy shop because I would totally buy one of those paintings...so neat!

I love reading your blog!!

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity