Sooo, we're going on Day 4 of being snowed in here in North Texas. To all of you Northerners, I'm sure it is somewhat amusing that y'all deal with this stuff all winter long, and we deal with it for a week and subsequently whine about it 10x what we should.
Yesterday we were predicted to get 1-2" today. Famous last words. So far, we are at 5 inches and it's still coming down...
So, what have we been doing the past 4 days? The girls have been rotating between Wii, toys, TV, movies, repeat. I must say, they have been exceptionally good. I can tell they are wearing down today, but we're heading outside to play in the snow in 20 minutes or so, so that should tucker them out enough for naptime. Yay! Quiet! :)
As for husbie and I, we're both still trying to get some work done. Try as I might to get him to let me put a second desk in his office, he's not budging, so I have set up shop in our dining room. Tuesday I sat on the couch in front of the TV, but I felt like a sloth that wasn't very productive, so I moved in here. Another reason was to watch as my neighbors tried to navigate our street. There have been a couple of near-misses (see our neighbor's truck parked in front of our house & where they alley across the street lets out? not smart, neighbor), but no one has hit anything... yet.
I haven't been able to run in a week, which sucks big time. Coupled with the winter food we have been eating, I am feeling like a bowl full of jelly. Hopefully I can get back on the routine tomorrow! All of this seriously has me looking around our house for someplace where I can stick a treadmill. We did make s'mores two nights in a row, which was very fun. Before this week, Ava thought she didn't like marshmallows (crazy, right?). Then she tried a toasted one. Now she is in love.
We're heading outside now, so possibly more pictures to come later, plus my favorite iPhone apps (obviously Instagram is topping the list these days). Hope everyone is staying warm, wherever you are!





5 comments:
Im sad faced we didnt get our movie date today but next weekend for sure. Love the fire pics :)
So, so tired of the cold nastiness that is Dallas this week! Hopefully the weathermen are getting it wrong and next week is going to be 70+ again! Wishful thinking! HA!
Love the s'mores pictures! YUM!
Stay warm!
haha... don't worry I live in Missouri and I'm still whining about the snow. We got about 18" on Tuesday and now it's snowing again, I hear 4-6" more predicted PLUS snow on Sunday, Tuesday & Wednesday
I just can't even imagine having that much snow! I don't think we've ever had that much snow in Mississippi! I would just love a winter wonderland at some point...I know you're SO tired of it though haha hope your week has been fabulous, sweet girl!
Us Dallas girls are just not used to all this weather! We put up with some super hot temps and mild winters are the payback, mother nature must not be lovin' on us this year :) I hear ya about not running, I'M DYING FOR A GOOD RUN! I set up a mini gym in the garage and it was great {or as great as the garage can get!}
Post a Comment