A way-to-lengthy-to-get-into-on-this-post turn of events last night led me to download the Restaurants app on my iPhone while we were watching my Steelers get beat up (but still pull out a W!). Husbie and I were horrified as I went through all of our favorite foods at all of our favorite places. I never kidded myself into thinking that this stuff was good for me, but I had no idea it was this bad. When we cook at home we do it very healthy - grilled chicken, lean beef, veggies, whole grains, etc. etc. etc. We probably eat out (fast food or sit down) at least one night per week and 2-3 lunches per week for me. Here are my most frequent offenses:
All it took to shake us into reality was the hour that we spent going through all of the absolute junk that we have been eating and another hour of the AllRecipies.com app finding yummy things we could make at home. So, we are challenging ourselves to eating out only one time per month and myself to eating out for lunch to one time per week. It is going to be hard, but I think we can do it! Not only are we going to be saving a lot of $$$, we'll be eating healthier and feeling better.
How often do you eat out? Are there any recipes that you have posted about that you can share? I'm in the market for a few new ones! :)











17 comments:
And they say eating Chipotle is suppose to be super healthy! Man if the chips have that many calories I can only imagine how much my simple meal of the 3 chicken tacos has just as many calories!!
u trying to make a pregnant girl cry?! haha
in a non lover way....I thought of you today while i was drinking my coffee...thanks for helping me drink in style w/my zebra print! :o)
Whoa! Ok, I don't want to eat out anymore! I am guilty of having like half that stuff on there!!!
Oh gosh I love eating out. Why does it have to be so damn fattening!
Okay, yikes! I know what's I'm adding to my New Year's resolutions for 2011. The hubs and I were already talking about this...cutting out eating out to only a few times per month!
New follower through my friend Laura's blog.
Hope your week is off to a great start!
Shannon
Webbisodes
http://ourgatorzone.blogspot.com
Can we say, depressing?!?! Have you ever checked out the calories/fat in coffee/drinks. They are just as bad!
thanks?!? ha!
glad i don't eat out hardly ever. i have been craving chipotle lately, maybe i could just skip the chips...probably not ;)
for new simple recipes i always go to kraft recipes website. love that site!! :)
Oh goodness that's horrifying!!!
I have quite a few recipes posted on my blog. Just click on the tag "Stephanie cooks" and it will pull all of them up. :)
ugh! but the portions are huge. If you cut that in half, it's not all that bad.
cute cute cute blog!
Don't look at me- I just made chocolate covered toffee! But yojavascript:void(0)u're right, it's so easy to eat those meals without thinking of the calories! I like the burrito bowl at chipotle, but don't get the chips.
Since L was born, we've only eaten out a couple times (in 4 months). We have saved SO MUCH MONEY. We tend to get a lot of great things at Trader Joe's. And I find that allrecipes.com has GREAT recipes. I have some recipes on my blog that I've found are really good.
Ahhhhhh. Too bad you there aren't these labels on everything before you eat it
What an eye opener... at the same time, that just really made me hungry!! But really...more like hungry for some delicious fruit!
This blog post just made me really hungry :)
This is depressing. Yep, very depressing. :(
I am your newest follower by the way! Your girls are BEAUTIFUL.
http://penelopeblue.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment