Monday, January 24, 2011

Monday Musings (aka: Random, Random, Random!)

Hey girlies!  I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend!  I have a whole bunch of random to throw out into the universe, so hang with me...

Steelers are headed to the Superbowl...
Image via espn.com
Woo hoo!  Heath Miller is my homeboy, for reals.  Anyway, super excited that the Steelers will be in town for the big game.  While my dad has informed my siblings and I not to expect that he would be getting tickets to the game (I cannot believe that he wouldn't pay $2K per ticket. haha - kidding!), we are still going to try to seek out some Steelers parties/rallies.  No one is looking forward to it more than my sweet Ava, who is quite possibly the biggest 4 year old football fan ever.  So funny!  She got to school today and told her teacher all about how the Steelers beat the Jets and now we need to beat the Packers so that we can WIN the Superbowl.  So cute!

Best find of the week...
Yumilicious.   OMG, so ...wait for it... yumilicious.  Ha!  Sorry, I had to.  Anyway, Ava and I went for a break from running errands yesterday and I had the red velvet fro-yo.  If you follow me on Twitter, you probably saw my tweet a couple of weeks ago about Sonic's Red Velvet Cheesecake Blast.  I put just a few cheesecake bits on my fro-yo and it tasted almost exactly the same.  Yum, yum!  Here's Av with her chocolate with sprinkles.  They have several DFW-area locations and a couple of others.  Their location here is within walking distance of my office.  This is going to be dangerous - especially this summer!

Currently sick of...
People beating the shit out of my car in parking lots.  I came out of World Market yesterday to a HUGE scratch/dent in the side of my car from someone hitting it with theirs.  So.freaking.rude.
Our downstairs heater being out.  It went out Thursday night - which was one of the coldest nights of the year.  Fantastic.  We are waiting on a new something-or-other to come in, it is supposed to be here today.  So, I am waiting for a call to head home so they can get that sucker up and going.  Rotating space heaters is getting old.

Sister beach vacay...
So, my sisters and I are trying to plan a weekend trip to somewhere warm and tropical, which is proving to be excessively difficult.  Our middle sister is a Labor & Delivery nurse and in school pursuing her NP degree, so trying to do it around her schedule is ridiculous.  Also, we're trying to do it this spring and we have waited WAY too long - flights are expensive and hard to get to pretty much anywhere tropical.  We thought about doing a Bahamas cruise, but everything I am reading online says the weekend cruises are on crappy boats with sub-par food.  Has anyone done a weekend cruise out of Florida?  (don't care which port)  We wanted to do Bahamas because it stops somewhere each day, but now I'm reading that a large portion of the time the boats can't even stop at the private island because of rough water.  Boo.  We may be putting this sucker off until the fall. 

Giveaways...
I try to always post giveaways on my sidebar, but I wanted to call these out in a post because they are super fun:
  • Wine-a-Rita Party in a Box from Megan @ In This Wonderful Life
    Yum, yum, yum!  I'm majorly kind of wanting a Peach Bellini right now.  Basically, Wine-a-Rita are box mixes that you combine with your favorite kind of wine (sparkly, flat, or otherwise) to create different drinks such as the above mentioned Peach Bellini, CosmoRita, Wine Glace', and SenorRita.  Megan also mentioned that they have a new flavor coming out in February.  The winner will be announced next Sunday, 1/30.  Details available here.
  • $50 Your Choice Giveaway from Neely @ Life of Neely
    To celebrate 300 followers, Neely is giving her readers a $50 gift card of your choice to one of her favs - Target, Starbucks, Sephora, Anthropologie, LuLuLemon, or Banana Republic.  This one ends next Monday, 1/31.  Details available here. 
Image via weheartit.com
Currently loving...
You, my sweet followers!  Thanks to everyone for reading, commenting, and sharing your insights and thoughts on my blog posts.  It makes me so happy that I have such a great group of girls that I can rely on for support and feedback.  Big cyber hug to all of you!

5 comments:

Kaysie said...

That is so cute that your little one loves football so much. By the way, I LOVE the name Ava. I've thought about naming our future little girl that. :)

Neely said...

THanks for blogging about it!

Angie said...

I saw your tweet about the yogurt...it made me need a red velvet blast. I can't get that silly thing out of my head.

Unknown said...

Congrats to your Steelers! As a lifelong Cowboy fan I'll just enjoy the fact that the game is in the new stadium. Ha! That's about the best I'll get anytime soon. :)

Kelsey Claire said...

Oh my goodness I adore yummilicious!

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity