Monday, February 28, 2011

Wedding Fashion Advice Needed!

We're attending a wedding in a couple of weeks for husbie's stepsister, I need a dress, and I think it's time I try Rent the Runway.  I'm a little nervous, as I've never tried it before, but I am so tired of buying cocktail-type dresses and either a. only wearing them once or b. wearing them multiple times and then every picture of husbie and I dressed up is with me wearing one of a handful of dresses.  Rent the Runway seems like the perfect solution!

I found a bunch of dresses that I really, really like and I need help selecting one.

As far as the level of dress, here are the details:  the wedding is at 5:30 PM at a country club in the area.  It's not a glitzy, super dressy wedding.  Husbie will be wearing a suit.

Here are the ones that made my final cut:






I really don't have a front runner, so if y'all would weigh in and vote for your favorite, I would be forever grateful!  :)

20 comments:

Bethany said...

LOVE #2 :) How fun!!!

Kendall said...

I love # 2 & # 5, but I think I like # 2 the best. The back is beautiful.

I've been tempted to try rent the runway too. You'll have to let us know how it goes.

carrie1 said...

I love #2

Lenzi @ Homemade Happiness said...

LOVE 5 - really LIKE 6!!
Both Elegant!

Anonymous said...

I love #2, it's fabulous. However, I really like #3 as well but only if you ditched the black tights. I think it'd look great with some glitzy silver shoes and some fun jewelry!

Anonymous said...

Ooo!! Hands down, #2! The back of that dress is absolutely amazing!

melissa said...

They're all very pretty but I think #6 is the most appropriate for a country club wedding. The rest seem a little more evening/glitzy to me. That one seems a little more classic to me.

I'm sure you'd look gorgeous in any of them!

Claire Kiefer said...

Interesting!!! I've never heard of rent the runway before, but it seems kinda genius if you're only going to wear the dress once. I like #3 the best, I think.

(hi from Mingle Monday!)

Anonymous said...

I love 2 and 3 and 6 the best!!! You will gorgeous in whatever you wear, though!!!

xoxo
Jess

Katie @ HunnyBee Blog said...

#1 seems too dressy but really cute. #2 seems a little clubbish (if you catch my drift). #3 is really nice! #4 not really a fan. #5 seems great for a wedding. And I love the last one #6! I am actually planning a wedding myself and am looking for a dress just like that. Where did you find it and does it come in different colors?

Amber said...

You have sooo many cute options!! I vote for #2 but you really can't go wrong with any of them!!
Stopping by from Mingle Monday! :)
Amber
http://www.thestrobel3.blogspot.com

Kelly said...

Oooh! I love numbers 2 through 4 :-) If it looked good on me I'd probably do #4 because it's TOTALLY different and unique. Love the back on #2 but I'd worry that it would be too short on me. And I love the gathered grey with the black tights. All SOOO beautiful and bound to look great on you :-)

Erin said...

I love #2! Found you from LaJeunesse and I think your blog is presh. You have a new follower! =)

michelle said...

I'm pretty much with everyone else...love #2, but I think I like #3 more. Thanks for the Rent the Runway idea...I may have to try this out. Stopping by from Mingle Monday:)

Neely said...

My fav is #3!

Casey said...

I'm a sucker for asymmetry. I choose, 3, 5 or 6. I'm excited to hear your thoughts on Rent the Runway, I've got tons of events coming up and it would be a huge help! Have fun!

Nicole said...

I think 1 & 5 are my faves, 5 leading that grouping with 6 a close 3rd. :)

Melissa E. said...

I LOVE #2 but think #4 would be better suited for a wedding at a country club

Good luck deciding!

Anonymous said...

#3 is my absolute favorite, but I also like #4 and #6!! So cute!

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

3 and 4 are my fav

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity